Saturday, December 12, 2009

For a change, instead of movies and dinner, we decided to go prawning at Pasir Ris Town Park, which is just a bus ride away from my home. i used to go there with my family when i was younger but we stopped doing it for afew years already after each of us started owning our own computers. haha.



Baits available are chicken meat, cockles and live worms. I used the first two and sx used the last one. I dont dare to touch the live worms, much less cutting them into half and poking them with the hook! Even the cockles were already very erxin! I immediately shifted 1 metre away from sx the moment he sat down with a cup of wriggly worms in his hands.


I heard that freshwater prawns are sweeter.


Guess what?
We spent $52, for 2 rods, 2 hours, and caught ZERO PRAWNS!!!!!!!

Sx said that the hook is too big.
:(



PRAWNING EXPERIENCE #2

At punggol! Took a cab there. The place is damn wulu. From the main road, have to go through a very long stretch of small road to reach there. Without car better dont go there.

Used chicken heart as bait.







Felt like a pro cos it's so easy to catch prawns here! I think they are all sucidal prawns lor! It came smoothly one after the other! But felt damn stupid cos i only know how to catch it but dont dare to unhook it from the hook. Lol. So everytime i manage to catch a prawn, i would shout for sx across the pond and then he would come and help me unhook my prawn and release it into our net :D









We caught more than 10 within around 1 hour!!
BBQing available there for just $2.



Ouch.




The thrill is at the prawning stage, not the eating stage although they are all very fresh.


I totally dont sound like myself in this video lor. Why sound so "deh" one!!! Lol.






Bishan and eastcoast also have prawning but never tried there before. Any one of you have experience? where is quieter, and easier to catch more prawns?



Sponsored Advertorial:

Merryshopkeeper
http://merryshopkeeper.livejournal.com/

The glossy jacket that i wore to the first prawning experience was from them! It is from collection 3, so if you buy from their collection 3, you get $2 off as well! Just quote my name in your orders! ($2 is quite alot already leh, can save it for registered postage!)

Let me introduce this new blogshop with alot of potential to you all! As the name suggested, it's a very merry little shop, promising a happy shopping experience for all of you! Shopping should always be done happily!




The merry shop keepers are actually 2 sisters, one who dresses up in flowy dresses and pastel colors while the other adores studs, leather and other rock-chic materials, so their products actually reflect both of the diverse styles. (I think that i have extremely different tastes at different moods and different days, so this blogshop is great for me because i jump from style to style all the time! I love what both of the sisters like!)





Next collection is featuring lots of pretty dresses, so do join their mailing list for first hand updates! :)



http://merryshopkeeper.livejournal.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment